My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Travel Plans for this year

Do you ever have so many things running through your mind and want to blog them, but don't have the time? Oh course you do. I just decided to put my travel plans in writing to see how insane they are:

April - I can't even remember the weekend and am to lazy to go upstairs and look it up - 2 nights in Alexandria, VA. This is a signing bonus for my time share. Dbf hasn't been in the DC area since he lived there when he was 7. My best friend lives in Manassas and I haven't seen her in 4 years. Dbf wants to do the White House, Washington Memorial. I want to do the Museum of Natual History.

May 21 through May 28th - staying in Durango, Colorado. This was the only time-share convient to the 4-corners area. This is our big trip and allows me to mark off 2 new states (would have been 3 if we hadn't made the quick trip to Colorado in February). My aunt lives in Phoenix and she's quite advanced in years and I am looking forward to seeing her. New Mexico has so many places I want to see as does Utah. Our stay starts on Sunday but I was hoping to fly out on Friday to Salt Lake City and stay just south-east of there to see the sites before going to Colorado. The flight out isn't a problem but the return flight is since it is Memorial weekend. All the good fares (and maybe all the seats in bad fares) are gone. We're going to check it out today.

July 7 - 9 is the current winner for the peep meat in Niagara. We just went to Niagara last year because Dbf had never been there. I'm not at all excited about the location (I wanted Chicago). We really don't have the $$ to do the April and May trips, so with the lack of excitment about Niagara my attendance will definately depend on who else goes. Can we have a yea or nay from all of you.

I am also considering hip replacement this year.

It helps me get through the mundane daily grind of the job and everything else to look at my "holiday" time.

Now I must go paint the ceiling in the MIL suite so we can get to the walls and carpet before Dbf's sister visits in June.

14 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

I love Chicago! I'll be there in April, DD is counting down the weeks.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

What fun you have planned. When in Salt Lake you must check out the Salt Lake Candles. They are wonderful!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Breezy - I've only been to Chicago once for a soccer tournament. We went downtown for a couple of hours but not long enough.

Sonya - I'll put that on my list. It looks like we may drive out - 20 some hours because of the flight situation and to save $$. As always the trip out will be fun - the trip back excrutiating.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

I wish you were gonna be in Colorado the end of July when I go since I would love to meet you. I had planned on a 3 week across the country thing for July but it is looking iffy since I haven't managed to put enough into savings. But I will definitely do Colorado to go to my *coughthirtyyearcough* H.S. reunion and see my daughter and grandkids. May have to do Boston and new hapmshire at Christmas time (BRRRRRR).

Just stopped in to say Aloha and "aikea". *smooch*

3:14 PM  
Blogger Syren said...

I want to make the Peep Meet, but it just depends on the baby. I am not due till late Aug., but it's a long drive from Atlanta.

But I wanna go. I have my fingers crossed.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

It doesn't look like I'm going to make the peep meet in July. I was really hoping for August.
Otherwise I have no travel plans yet this year. Which sucks because I just earned another week of vacation at work. *pout*

5:19 PM  
Blogger lights said...

My only travel plans this summer are for the Niagara Peep Meet. I'm really beginning to look forward to it. It would really make my summer if you all could be there.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

I won't be at the peep meet, that is the ending weekend of Summer Celebration.

Lasann- We stay right off Michigan Avenue when we go to Chicago. We walk or take the bus to all places down there. It's lots of fun.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I'm really hoping to make the July peep meet. What a great opportunity to meet so many peeps at one time.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I don't think I'll be at the July peep meet. *sad face*

*very sad face*

You vacation plans sound great. It always helps to have a vacation to look forward to.

11:49 AM  
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! I travel enough for work that my only other travel plans are usually to and from WVa.

5:13 PM  
Blogger momma said...

Color me jealous of all your travel plans. I have none. I repeat - none. And no money to make any. So think of me on your adventures, k?

9:17 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Let me know when you figure out when you're going to be in DC!

1:21 PM  
Blogger volsfan said...

HEY! Sounds like you got the traveling shoes on.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home