My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Thursday, June 07, 2007

This and That



I've decided to let my hair do what it wants. It's too damn hot to straighten it. I'm considering cutting it off again. My hair is such a problem to me.

I thought I'd be funny and took this picture in Vegas and was going to label it "Happy to be meeting Boo".




This one is "Sad because Bravie kept Boo in SF".










And, I'm making a list of what I wear each day and judging them. I need to weed out some of my clothes. I have too many clothes and some look hideous on me. I have the opposite of anorexia - the body image part. I think I'm thinner than I am. When I see a picture I can't believe I'm this fat. I've lost 17 pounds, but still. I only gain weight in one place - mid section. I have no butt, skinny arms and legs and no extra rolls on my back.

Have I mentioned how happy I am that I can walk without pain. When I get melancholy I try to remember the pain I had for two years. I'm going to go to all the festivals downtown this year. And I'm even going to the State Fair. I CAN WALK.



I am a great aunt to these lovely children.










I'm thinking that time is fleeting.

14 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

*wolf whistle* I'm all about the curl. Michelle used to straighten her hair but I like it better with her natural curls.

7:58 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Great pics, Lasann. You are a hottie!

My hair couldn't get any straighter than it naturally is if I tried. I once had a hairdresser tell me I had the straightest hair she had ever seen. That is something. :-)

9:19 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

You look mahvelous! I like the hair. Mine is in a similar style, but layered with shorter parts around my face.

Those are some really cute kiddos!

10:12 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

i LOVE the curl! Keep it!

You look beautiful, hon. I like that top.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Awww, thanks.

As my son and his friend were talking about last night: One kind guy told me I looked 45. I did my face lift with my hands and said "Now I look 45".

I see pictures of my hair when I let to "do it's own thing" back when the kids were young and think it looks terrible. Maybe this time it doesn't?

ssshhh - we are find out slowly what Nutz looks like *snort*

12:42 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

LOL, Lasann! The seekrit may be out one day. :D

12:43 PM  
Blogger Emily RugBurn said...

Wow, Lasann! You're gorgeous!

You do *not* have problem hair. (*I* have it so I know what it is.) It looks great!

10:12 PM  
Blogger sharnina said...

You? are HOT! I was sad to read that you might not make it to Seattle. Maybe something will change between now and then.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Look at you all hot and sexy! Your hair looks great. I'm gellus of your curls. *pout*

LOL at your "sad" pic. Looks more like a "bring it on" pic LOL.

YAY that you are pain free when walking. I'm so happy for you. *HUGS*

Those are beautiful children. Such a nice picture.

I'm constantly seeing pics of myself and saying, "OMH, you're huge"!

I can honestly say, you definitely don't look fat at all. And, your arms look quite toned, not skinny.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

And, I mean "not skinny" as in not scrawny. I wasn't calling your arms fat LOL.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another wolf whistle!!

I know how you feel about wanting to cut your hair. I want to every day.

Sorry about Vegas. You can also blame my boss for taking me on Wednesday night.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

*wolf whistle* I don't see any weight problem here. You have a gorgeous face, neck and arms (all I can see).

11:45 AM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

a. good grief--you are gorgeous. and i'm not just saying that in a 'i must leave a nice compliment on her blog' kind of way.

b. i'd love to have your hair--what i wouldn't give for real curl. that said, if you have the urge to make a change, go for it and cut.if.off! i swear, it is the most liberating thing i've done in years. i still freak over it, but i'm soooo glad i did it. it's hair--it grows

c. i have complete and total body dysmorphia. i have never been able to acurately and objectively assess my appearance. you are not alone; however, you are also NOT fat. you look fabulous.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Silvergirl said...

You're daggone right, time is fleeting.

I think you look nice in the pics, but then I also am having hair issues along with aging issues and weight issues.

I envy Augie for her perfectly straight hair.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home