My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I'm am loving this!

I am really loving this. I spent the whole ride home from work thinking about the phase of my life in my last post. In honor of accuracy, I wish to change the following:

I met that group of interesting people at BBF, not McDonalds. Does anyone remember BBF. It came before McDonalds. I believe BBF stood for Burger Boy Foodarama (or something like that). In HS, during my senior year when we discovered weed we would go there for orange drink. I'm sure it was just ordinary orange drink but we couldn't get enough of it. Huge cups fulls we drank. And the fries which were pretty much like McDonalds we would stuff in our mouths.

I'm renaming my last post FREEDOM. This short post contains some additions to FREEDOM. FREEDOM only covers 3 years. The next saga will be titled: No Direction, No Passion, WTF and will be a novel in itself as it will cover 4 years.

Attending school while in "Freedom" was not working out for me. I wanted money and a car. So I up and quit school. Two girls from our dorm-apartment quit also. We moved to a townhouse apartment just south of OSU. The love of my life moved with us.

Now this man is one of two men that I've known that, while with him, I would have preferred to never leave the bedroom. I was constantly turned on. We had sex everywhere and anytime. Most weekends were spent laying on the couch side by side watching basketball - his passion. Can you say lazy! We hardly ever left the apartment except for me to go to work and he to go to school. My roommates were growing increasingly unhappy with our new arrangement. They were actually scared to leave their room for fear of finding us having sex on the kitchen floor.

My first job was at a blood testing place. We received blood samples from doctors and the lab ran the tests. My job title was receptionist. I answered the phones, typed some reports and in the morning and afternoon when the blood vials arrived I marked each one with a number and put the same number on the lab sheet. I'll never forget my starting salary $365/month. I didn't even tell my parents that I'd quit school for 4 months.

Shortly after telling my parents that I quit school and had a job my dad sent my older sister to help me pick out a car, she being the reliable one. I got a new car!! It was a '72 Ford Pinto, light green. This was the good life. The payment - $68.68/month (never will forget that either). Of course it was in my Dad's name and he paid the insurance on it.

Life was good - I was on my own, had my own car, was having amazing sex and getting high whenever I wanted. What more could a girl ask for.

Now I would like to mention a movie that had a big impression on me. It was called "Same Time Next Year and starred Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn. Have you seen it. Go here for a description.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078199/
It was a movie where two people would meet for one week each year. It very masterfully showed the different phases of each of their lives. I remember asking my mother if the story could be true. Could people go through so many diverse stages in life. Of course she said. I now think that I have fulfilled the theme of this movie. I have had distinct, very different phases with very different, diverse co-conspirators.

Then tonight when I looked the moved up on imdb and was reading the page I came across a quote from the movie which I have used many times but didn't realize that it was from this movie "You know you are getting old when you start to worry about the declining morality of the young", or something like that.

I think I've been living this movie for 30 some years - LOL.

And the fact that the director has the same name as the man I married is a coincidence, I'm sure.

Until . .


4 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

I am loving your story too! When I wrote mine, I was glad to take the trip down memory lane. It's nice to remember.

*waits for more*

8:36 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh! ...and *snort* you had a Pinto? Hahaha! Worst cars ever. Well except for maybe the Yugo. *grin*

8:37 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I never heard of BBF.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

What no comments about how badly I lusted for this guy.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home