My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Puffy tagged me over on her blog.

Here are the rules:

1. Reveal six weird facts/things/habits about yourself and then tag six people.
2. Leave a "You're Tagged!" comment to let the people you have tagged know they have to reveal six things (or the entire blogosphere will explode and it will be their fault).
3. Leave a comment HERE (Bob's blog) to let me know when you have completed your mission.


Here goes:

1. Weird fact - I saw that this newest game of tag was going on. That, immediately, had my blood pressure up. Why? It seems I'm still suffering from a life-long insecurity. I was afraid that no one {{sobs}} would tag me. Then, I was worried that if someone tagged me I wouldn't know who hadn't been tagged (compulsive) so I could tag someone else. Then when Puffy tagged me {{{jumps up and down}}} , I panic because I worried about what to reveal. And most of the stuff I thought of wasn't wierd, just confesssional. So, is that wierd?

2. Weird fact - I love colors. But when asked my favorite colors I have always responded with: green, brown, and black. Not very colorful colors. I used to have all color pens (preferably with scents). When in meetings I would write with a minimum of three colors. I felt wierd when someone pointed out that I sniff my pens regularly. I especially liked the red (cinnamon) and the blue (blueberry) scents. I can no longer find the scented pens which pisses me off. I, in protest of scentless pens, started to buy just black and blue. I'm just beginning to buy colors again and it's made me cheery. **picks up pom-poms**

3. Wierd fact - I am very skeered of forests. I have always been skeered of forests. I grew up in a forest region. Now that a black bear has mauled a family and killed a little girl in Tennessee I should be more skeered of forests. I do, however, think that killing black bears in Tennessee because of this is ridiculous. The bear did what bears do. They kill things. Mountain lions kill things, wolves kill things. But I'm not afraid of animals. I have a deep fear of an escaped convict and/or a crazy mountain person killing me in a forest. It's a nightmare of mine. I feel vulnerable in a forest because you can't see for miles, you can't seen any danger. I feel safe in cities. You can see in cities. I am, however, less safe in cities. I'm not really afraid of small places, like a closet. A small room is comforting in that you don't have to be able to see in a distance because all danger is confined. Therefore, I like small rooms. That is why I think I like the desert. You can see in a desert. Do I have a point? I have an irrational fear of forests.

4. Weird things - I have a really odd shaped body. In every excercise class I've joined they talk about a woman's problem spots - thighs and hips (used to be butts before Jlo made them "in"). Now, I am fairly tall for a female and I have thin legs and arms. I have large oobies. So far, a woman's body? Then I have this impossibly large waist. If I buy jeans to fit my waist the are so baggy on my thin legs and butt. If I buy them to fit my butt, thighs they would never button. This was a problem even when I was a lithe 118 lbs. I have a man's middle. I buy quite a lot of men's shorts. Men have no hips to waist curve. I don't either. But men don't have huge oobies, well most.

5. Weird habit - I have Trichotillomania, a real mania. From a web site: Trichotillomania is a type of compulsive behavior, which means that people with the condition feel an overwhelming urge to pull their hair. Because trichotillomania is a medical condition, it's not something most people can just stop doing when they feel like it. My mother said that when I moved out she was relieved that all the long blond hair wasn't clogging her vacuum.

6. Weirdness, in general. I don't think I'm a good judge of just how weird I may be because everything I do, say, am, is normal to me. Well everything except the things above and most everything else.

As of yesterday, Supes, Thndrkttn, Frisky, EmRugB Woe and Geg hadn't been tagged. And, yes, some of them (Geg) haven't updated in ages.

There you go Bob. Bossy Bob, giving us orders and all; and threats of destruction of our playground. I'm skeered she would follow through with total destruction of the world. {{{shakes with fear}}}

14 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

I have problems with pants too. What I have found is that I like the low rise jeans. I wear all of my shirts long enough that my belly and butt crack don't hang out. I don't buy the ultra low, just the low or just below waist jeans at Old Navy. Then i don't have the problem of them being to baggy in the butt area.
Maybe try on a pair and see how you like them?

I couldn't figure out who had or had not been tagged, so I just did a general tag. It's easier when only three are being tagged. With six, everybody gets tagged early.

Weird fact about me: When it comes to these tags? I almost always look first to see if you have been tagged and if not, I like to tag you first. It's weird because with other things, I have no system of who I pick first or who I look for first but with the tags I always check for you first.
did that make sense? *head tilt*

12:25 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Oh smooch. I was going to tease you that I tagged Thndrkttn and you didn't *giggle*.

I have been wearing the lower jeans. They are great, except I still have that baggy butt thing in all but Jordache. In shorts, they make them so micro short that I just buy men's.

{{hugs}}

12:48 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I don't mind sharing. You can tag Tkit. I'm super nice that way. *grin*

1:20 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

You're weird enough, don't worry. Your #1 could apply to me, and probably a few others, I think. One more weird fact: you spell weird two different ways all through your blog.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Nailbone said...

I tagged you for the six things, too. And I don'ty care that you already got tagged. :P

4:13 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Puffy, LOL, I caught the spelling a couple of times but missed some.

Nailbone - hey, I couldn't connect to your blog altho I kept trying so I thought you deleted it. Now I've got some catching up to do.

Carey, that's why I lvoe you. Your kindness in sharing. That and a couple other reasons.

I was thinking about these Meme's today. I think I like them because we find out that we aren't the only weird ones. Especially the MTW car thingy.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Emily RugBurn said...

D-d-d-d-d DONE!

Your number 6 made me lol. (Ditto!)

~ EmRB

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 5th grade I used to pull my hair. So much so that I had actually pulled out enough to make a quarter-sized bald spot.

I didn't know. My mother didn't notice. One day my teacher came over and smacked my hand (they used to do that, ya' know) and told me to stop. Then she showed me what I had done in the mirror. I never pulled another hair. I'm not sure if it's because of what I had seen or because I didn't want her to smack my hand again.

10:13 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I think I could compulsively pull my hair out & you'd never notice.

Do you have a lot of hair, or is it thin because of yanking pieces out?

10:45 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

As per #6, I think we can all relate to that. I bet my hubby could come up with way more than 6 things that he thinks are weird about me, but I would deny they were weird.

Is that weird? *snort*

11:20 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

The other things being that I can cook? Because I think that's one of the reasons that Michelle stays with me. My cooking. *grin*

12:05 PM  
Blogger miamicatt said...

I have the odd-shaped body too. Super-short legs and a long torso...buying swimsuits is a huge pain in the ass.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Boo, I've been smacked, shamed, you name it. The only thing that has helped slow it down to a crawl is Paxil which is used to treat depression and OCD.

Kim, I used to have thick hair. It's quite wavey. The balder spots are in the front, around the bangs. When my boys became taller than me they started commenting on the thin hair. It's thinner that it would be, but I've never had a noticeable complete bald spot. My head, during the worst times, would feel like a beard.

Catt, I would so like a long torso. My legs are impossibly long. My torso is impossibly short. Envision shoulders, oobies, crotch, legs for a mile. Some guys like the legs that can wrap around them.

Em - yeah, living with a loved one's weirdness is a challenge. Luckily most of the time we giggle about our weirdness.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

I never started the whole weird things. You think I'm all weird or something?

On the other hand, I'm glad to know you like being tagged. I'll tag you from now on. Well, unless I forget.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home