My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Thanks

Thanks for your responses to my last questions.

Now the test. It was as easy and painless as they said it would be. I got there, put on the robe. The girls were very sweet and supportive. I got onto the table, they squished my breast, took x-rays, repositioned, took more. Then I had to wait on the doctor. That was the hardest part - trying not to move. They kept talking to me to comfort me, I think. But I had to tell them I couldn't talk and concentrate on holding still. I'm pretty much a squarmer. OH, and they covered me up with my robe so I wasn't dangling in the air with my bare breast.

When the doctor came she gave me the local, said you'll feel some pressure (I know that is when they do the cut). Then she inserted some type of thingee (I could watch all this on the screen) and started roto-rooting. I could feel what she was doing, in an abstract way. Then I began to really feel it. It hurt, but not enough to make me squarm or anything. The pain was, I'm guessing, when they ripped tissue. It felt like a twirling rod which occasionally ripped my flesh. The I was done. She shot a metal clip in there for location in the future. I got up, they put steri-strips on, took a mammogram, I got dress and went out side. That's when the day went fast, steeply downhill.

*sigh*

Results a week from tomorrow!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kimmah said...

i'm sorry that your day sucked. hope that the biopsy is all-clear.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

i'm sorry that your day sucked. hope that the biopsy is all-clear.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I'm sending good thoughts your way.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

Okay, that sounds intense! I hope I never have to have a biopsy.

But mostly, I hope your day got better again.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

Good thoughts, babe.

3:14 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

{{{hugs}}}

5:44 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I'm glad that the nurses and staff were so kind and attentive. I guess it could have been worse. *looking forward to good results*

2:24 AM  
Blogger Emily RugBurn said...

Glad you got through it okay, Lasann. It's gonna be a long week...

:: crosses fingies ::

3:43 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I was squirming just reading your description. *HUGS* The waiting is such a horrible experience. Keeping my fingers crossed that the results are good.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home