My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I'm back

I'm back from our vacation to Florida.

When dbf said he would like to drive through Atlanta on the way to Florida (for different scenery), I quickly said "Let's do it". I was thinking about two of my all time favorite peeps living in Atlanta. I sent a message to said peeps and asked if they were available for lunch on Friday. Yes, was the reply. I was sooooo excited. Then we started out Thursday and stayed in Tennessee. Friday on the way to Atlanta I started wondering why, why did I ask for lunch. What if they don't like me? Am I causing an inconvenience? What will I say?

Then I told my self, "everyone does it, even Nutzy now". But, Nutzy is smart and funny! Geezzee peezzee. There were phone calls back and forth.

We arrived at the designated lunch locale first- phew! Then they came. I was instantly in love. With all four of them. Although I was still nervous I've known since my first time on OT that I would absolutely love both of them. And the kids were sooo cute.

Yes, I met Syren and CSTL, Ryan and James. I have two wonderful pictures but my 'puter at home is broken and my computer at work doesn't have a USB port. I'll have my dbf email the pics here at work so I can post them.

Suffice to say, I'm so glad I came out of my box and asked for lunch. Love you two!!

The rest of the trip was good also. We swam, visited flee markets, drove to South Beach and a short distance out to the Keys. I finished Middlesex. I meet another of his sisters - this one I like alot. His sister and parents came to the hotel and spent two nights with us. Said sister and I sat at the Tiki bar, drank strawberry daiquiris and had a good time. A band played with some awesome singers. They sang mainly 50's and 60's. I especially liked the Dean Martin song. What I enjoyed the most was the crowd. It was an older crowd, 40 - 80. I loved that the people of the higher age were having a blast, singing and dancing. If I make 80 I want to sing and dance.

On the way back we stopped at my sister's in NC (it was 102) and the next day stopped at my brother's in WV. My oldest moved to WV and is living with my brother and trying to get a job at the Toyota plant in Buffalo. Keep your fingers crossed for him.

Guess what. I have to fly to Florida Friday a.m. to help my friend drive the moving truck back to Ohio. I just made that drive. The drive was fun but the drive in a damn truck will be hell. Why?

8 Comments:

Blogger Syren said...

We were so excited to meet you, and had a blast. Hated that it was only lunch, as I know both of us would have loved spending more time getting to know you.

I have been meaning to put the pictures on OT, but wanted to make sure you were okay with that.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Lucky you. I've met CSTL, but haven't met Syren or the boys. There's blog and OT peeps all over the place!

1:46 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Syren, I'm very ok with it.

Puffy, you've met EVERYBODY - snort.

9:20 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Next time you should take a detour through NJ. :D

5:01 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

HEY! I'm in Atlanta also *pout*

Glad you got to meet CSTL & Syren. They are terrific peeps.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

I know Nookie, I asked Syren if you lived close (this was at lunch). I wish I had more time!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

It sounds like you had a great time. And lucky you for meeting the CSTL/Syren family.

10:14 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

How were the Keys? I really want to vacation there soon.

I can't believe you are making the Florida drive again! LOL!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home