My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Friday, June 20, 2008

It Could Only Happen to Me!

The title of my blog.

When I visited my family doctor Monday she signed me up for a MRI. I was having headaches which are rare. Due to having a brain tumor (non-cancerous mengioma (sp)) removed in 1998 and the fact that my neurosurgeon retired three years ago she wanted to re-check my brain. I agreed because I never turn down test. I felt all would be ok.

Thursday (yesterday) my doctor's office called and said, "We have made you an appointment with the same neurosurgery group, Dr. so and so. She can see you tomorrow at 11." Sensing my wonder she asked, "Have the nurses called you to discuss your MRI?" No. "Well you have an aneurysm." As I said - IT COULD ONLY HAPPEN TO ME.

Just to summarized my woes:

1. 1998 in the middle of a divorce - I have a brain tumor
2. Christmas eve 2002 at 2:00 A.M. my house burns almost to the ground.
3. April 2004 I break my hip.
4. May 2005 I have my first heart attack.
5. June 2006 I have hip replacement.
6. 2007 was healthy but I move out from DBF.
7. This May - see below.
8. Now this!!

Soon I will be full of metal.

More on each later.

On the bright side I have reservations in Chicago and am looking forward to it. I planted some annuals Wednesday and my gardens are looking okay. I have masses of thistle weeds that I can conquer.

I cleaned the bathroom walls and floor today. Off to take a shower and do the sink and tub.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Too bad that cleaning binge can't clean out the aneurysm! Keep looking on the bright side Lasann! If not, you'll find yourself six feet under! Hang in there!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Amazing. Thank goodness you had that MRI! I hope the peep meet in Chicago will give you a fresh start on life.

2:09 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Yikes! Please meet with the docs and be careful. *hugs* I'm soooo looking forward to seeing you in Chicago. No landing in the hospital before then, ok? :-)

12:04 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Yikes! Please meet with the docs and be careful. *hugs* I'm soooo looking forward to seeing you in Chicago. No landing in the hospital before then, ok? :-)

12:04 PM  
Blogger CQ said...

I am on it sending you strong healing and yummy comfort!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home