My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Monday, October 29, 2007

Rounds

I made the bloggie rounds today. Impressions: CoCo has the cutest kids I've ever seen; Monsty is gone, at least I can't access her blog; there's pictures of a banana with glasses; Kim's blog is going strong and I so enjoy it; Arkie's is so conversational; Syren is missing as I have been; Cat never poops; Mark had a close call; Nutzy is driving by; Augie has taken a 6 week break; Glowie is going to be pregnant in '08.

My today issue is my calf muscles. My Dbf is putting his house up for sale so I agreed to paint while he worked this weekend. Fact - ladders have a small rung to stand on which makes a user stand on their toes, or at best, the front of their foot. My calf muscles are bleeding muscle blood. When I got up this morning I almost hit the floor from the pain. This indicates that I need a treadmill on a regular basis.

Life changing news: My plant is closing and the work is going to Mexico with final test in Texas. Whether I will have a job in '08 is up in the air. The Union is meeting with the company to work out the specifics. The good news is that I am pension eligible and I'll get around $90,000 when I leave. The bad news is my pension is too small to live on and if I don't invest the $$ the taxes will take most of it.

Renewed patriotic actions: I've renewed my usual "Buy American" banner. Where will us Americans work? What happens when we are no longer the monetary giants of the world? The slippery slop, in my opinion, will bottom out in 50 years or less. When we are no longer a monetary giant we are no longer a military giant. We've pissed off most of the world at this point and will be no more valuable than, say, Macedonia. I'm thankful for the time I was born and the place I was born. My grandkids, no so good for them.

Switch: OT has been quite the playground. I do read the posts every weekday but have become mainly a lurker.

First frost day was today. bbbrrrrrrr!

5 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Hi Lasann! I'm soooo sorry about your workplace. I hope it all works out. I agree, we need to renew that whole "buy American" thing sometimes. I understand there are some times we can't/really don't want to, but there are times I could pay more attention and make the American choice.

P.S. My coworker was painting and drywalling this weekend and was complaining about her calves today!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

OT seems to be going in waves. Boo and Weltek have been the main reason that I have continued lately. I gave up on it for a couple of weeks. Didn't even click over there and didn't even miss it. But that Boo and that Weltek keep making fun little posts so now I go over there to see what they have to say each day.

7:47 PM  
Blogger momma said...

Hi Lasann!

Sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully it will all work out in your best interests.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I've been checking your blog and wondering about you. You've been one of the MIA's, too! Good to see you back.

2:04 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Time for an update, girl! :-) I did one, now you need to do one.

*hugs*

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home