My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Time

We all dream of being off work and having more time. Right now I have all the time I need. Being of weakened condition, or out of fear, I've been lazy.
I have spent quite a bit of time sitting on my deck listening to the bird. We have so many birds. I never knew this before. I guess I was so busy rushing around to sit and listen. There are two bluejays. I think they are very attractive birds. I've heard they are very mean also. I've been trying to get a good picture of one of them. He lands on my deck when I'm sitting there. My cat doesn't like it at tal.

He's blurry.
My cat.

I don't remember when the trees in the neighborhood became real trees. When we moved in in 1979 they were babies.

It looks like a forest.

Flower picture again:



Life and death - I spent a lot of time on these.

What am I going to do with the rest of my life? Well, I went to an Obama meeting last night. They are attempting to get neighborhood captains for voter registration and house meetings. In downtown Columbus we have huge, huge 4th of July fireworks downtown. There will be an Obama booth and they need volunteers. I love working booths at fairs. You meet so many people. I want to volunteer but I'm not sure I can take the heat yet.

I'll probably drive to WV tomorrow to visit my brother and oldest.

Morning shows - I prefer Good Morning America.

Enjoy the sound of birds!

2 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

Now, how did I know to come here on the very day that you posted? Pretty bird. Cat is beautiful but looks annoyed at bird! LOL

I like working at booths at fairs, too. I usually watch the Today show, but change the channels during commercials to find a good story.

11:25 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Ask Chris how much he likes bluejays. Yes, the do chase away other birds. Kind of the neighborhood bullies. I also think they are pretty, though.

Yay for the Obama campaign volunteering! Sounds perfect! Although, I can see why the booth might be a bit hot. Volunteer for a shift where there is a back-up you can count on if you can't take the heat.

I'm not sure which morning shows I prefer. I mean, I prefer Matt Lauer and Anne Curry, but could do without the rest of them on the Today Show.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home