My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Friday, June 27, 2008

Really? Really!!

Today is Friday. I returned to the neurosurgeon to have a follow-up MRI, actually a MRA. This was at 8:30 this morning. I waited and waited. Then I was to see the doctor. I waited and waited. The original reason for seeing her was what the reader of my first MRI thought could be an aneurysm. I may have mentioned that. She said that the area of concern was slightly enlarged but not of consequence. However........however, it seems my carotid artery is completely blocked. As she was explaining this my mouth was agape and my eyes blurred. WTF. I thought you died if this happened. She explained that there are four arteries to the brain. Yahoo says there is a carotid on both sides (news to me) and they each branch. Yahoo also talks about surgery but said that if it is 100% blocked surgery isn't done.

She asked me to return for a neck MRA. I left at 11:30 and had to return at 1:45. I shopped for a few things I needed. I had the second test, with dye, and left.

This is what I hate. Waiting for a doctor to tell me what they suggest.

I just want a total body scan!!

Oh, I spent the weekend in WV trying to help my brother, son and niece move. It was a cluster-fvck.

I'm talkative when I'm sick - aren't I.

9 Comments:

Blogger CQ said...

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Try to take it a step at a time. I am sure it is all very overwhelming. *hug*

6:25 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Will you be able to get a full body scan? I check here often for news. My thoughts are with you for good health soon!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. You must have been suprised. I did not know that it could be completely blocked, until my doctor said a couple of days ago that they might block mine on purpose. I have two aneurysms in my right carotid artery in my neck. One is 17 mm x 15mm and the other 6mm x 7mm.

Please keep me posted and to you progress mentally and physically.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Asrai said...

Popping in to say that I am praying for you, Lasann. Would a @twirl@ be out of the question?

12:57 AM  
Blogger Syren said...

Just sending our love and warm thoughts out to you Lasann.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

Oh, hon, thinking of you!! You must keep us posted on what's going on. Anything you need, you must ask.


(((Lasann)))

2:45 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Holy crap you have been through the ringer. I'm sending good thoughts. *hugs*

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of good thoughts. I'm thinking of you.

9:07 AM  
Blogger sharnina said...

I had no idea so much was going on with you. You are in my prayers.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home