My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Monday, May 01, 2006

I finally decided to have my hip replacement. I was in horrible pain in DC with all the walking. I called the surgeon last Monday. It's scheduled for June 12th. Yikes.

I've not worried about surgery before, with the exception of brain surgery, but I'm worried with the heart attack last year and all. And they are going to take my leg off my body (so to speak) and put it back on. That seems creepy to me. A friend is also having knee replacement in June. While thinking about his surgery I said, "That creeps me out that they are taking your leg apart and putting it back together". That's when he pointed out to me that they are taking my whole leg off. Ouch!

Big Brother, I'm hearing, starts in July. I will be coming out of the pain/sleeping stage by then. I'm a BB fanatic. Being home I can watch the live feeds - giggle.

Other situation, not sure yet. It's a strained peace right now.

Oh, and we leave for AZ, CO, NM two short weeks from Friday. It's going to be a busy 6 weeks with the trip and the surgery! No time for any deep thinking - phew!

BTW, let me know if loading my page gets too slow because of the pictures. I guess I could delete some of them.

Happy May - the month of both of my sisters and my mother's birth.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Will the surgery interfere with your peep meet?

5:38 PM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Be careful and take care of yourself!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

That's some major surgery. Sending 6 weeks of good vibes your way!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Yikes. Hip replacement. I'll be sending good vibes your way.

Is BB going to be All Stars this year?

9:37 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Yikes! Best wishes to you Lasann.

Is the trip to AZ business or pleasure? How long will you be gone?

I'm anxious for BB to start. Of course, 3 weeks into the show I'll be so frustrated with the whole thing, but I'll be loving it!

9:47 AM  
Blogger mm said...

Good luck with the hip replacement, Lasann!

{{hugs}}

Also, I finally updated my links, including you!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Sonya, I'm not going to the peep meet. I wanted to go but had already made my vacation plans. And we were just there last year.

HD, Puffy, Nookie, Carey, MM - thanks

Nookie - it's pleasure, all pleasure.

7:09 PM  
Blogger momma said...

Good luck with the surgery. That is quite scary when you think about it that way. However, it has become pretty routine, so it should be just fine.

*hugs*

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home