My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Let's switch it up - Be the American Idol

I just rediscovered CD's that I made when I first became aware of the ability to download music, oh about 4 years ago. I made theme CD's. Here's the game. I'm going to list my CD's and the titles/artists. You pick which song on each CD you would perform if you were on my new show called - The New American Singer.

CD #1 - Country - Then, In Between, and Now

1. Kiss An Angel Good Morning - Charlie Pride
2. Amazed - Lonestar
3. Stand by Your Man - Tammy Wynette
4. The Best Day of My Life - George Straight
5. Rocky Top - Conway Twitty
6. Mountain Music - Alabama
7. Coal Miner's Daughter - Loretta Lynn
8. Devil When Down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels
9. Here You Come Again - Dolly Parton
10. You Are On My Mind - Willie Nelson
11. Be My Baby Tonight - John Michale Montgomery
12. Your Cheating Heart - Patsy Cline
13. Don't Take the Girl - Tim McGraw
14. Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
15. Sail Away - Oak Ridge Boys
16. Walking After Midnight - Patsy Cline
17. Love in the First Degree - Alabama
18. Jolene - Dolly Parton
19. You're Gonna Miss Me - Brooks and Dunn
20. Tomorrow Never Comes - Garth Brooks
21. Blue Eyes Crying - Willie Nelson
22. Charlie Daniels - In America

Next is soul or R&B as it is referred to these days which I titled Motown - the best:

1. Have You Seen Her - Temptations
2. La La Means I Love You - Delfonics
3. Who's That Lady - Isley Brothers
4. Let's Get it On - Marvin Gaye
5. Oh Baby - Smokey Robinson
6. Reach Out - Four Tops
7. You Are my Sunshine - Stevie Wonder
8. Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
9. The Way You Do the Things You Do - Temps
10. Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time - Delfonics
11. For the Love of You - Isley Brothers
12. Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
13. Oh Girl - ChiLites
14. If You Want Me to Stay - Sly and the Family Stone
15. What's Goin On - Marvin
16. Second That Emotion - Smokey
17. Dance to the Music - Sly
18. One in My Life - Stevie
19. My Girl - Temps
20. Summertime - Sly
21. I Feel Good - James Brown

Now that's all for today. I know some of you might not know these songs/singers. Just make a wild guess then.

I gotta go get my son a job here! My picks when I return.

13 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

I would sing Jolene and Dock of the bay.
I would also do Devil went down to Georgia.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Carey, Jolene is such a beautiful song. I'd never heard it until I was making the CD.

I really like Mountain Music by Alabama and could so see me slapping my thigh and stomping my feet while singing. I love Patsy's voice on Your Cheating Heart but I'd go with Tomorrow Never Comes by Garth. Awesome song.

On the other CD, I love Dance to the Music for it's upbeat tempo but would sing Summertime. Janice also did this. Not sure which rendition I'd do.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I play the best of Dolly CD when I get ready in the morning. I just love her. If you want to hear a beautiful song by her, check out Coat of Many Colors. Sad song.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

And Little Sparrow is another good one. And Three Doors down.
Oh, let's face it, I'm a big dork and I love Dolly Parton.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

CD #1: I'd sing Devil went down to Georgia just because I live here and I know I could never hit the high notes in a Patsy Cline song LOL.

CD #2: Definitely "Reach Out" by the Four Tops. It has got to be one of my most fave songs evah. I remember my sister and I singing it to each other one New's Year Eve. We were drunk and shouting it out but we meant the words.

Great songs.

*sings* I'll be there, to love and comfort you .....

2:50 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Dock of the Bay! I wanted to say Didn't I Blow Your Mind, but I can't sing that high.

Dock of the Bay is one of my VERY favorite songs.

I win, right?

2:53 PM  
Blogger Emily RugBurn said...

Provided a canuck is elligible to enter, I would have to go with "Isn't She Lovely" (Stevie Wonder). I think it's the only song in my range (like how I pretend to know what I'm talking about?) plus it's up-beat, so that's always good.

I do lvoe "Didn't I Blow Your Mind.." (by the Delfonics), though. That one gets some serious iPod rotation over here. (It's on my "Jackie Brown" soundtrack.)

2:53 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Ooohhhhhhhhhhhh, I didn't realize we had to pick one from both CDs! I'm going to pick Mountain Music from CD#1. It's fun. The audience will love me.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Nookie, my son loves that song. When I played that CD he would get so wrapped up in it. I saw Charlie Daniels do that live. That's a fiddle player. Reach out is another great one.

Kim - Dock of the Bay - that song always takes me someplace warm. My sister got me into Alabama. Mountain Music is one knee slapping song.

EmRB - of course. I'm changing the name to the America's Idol. I love Stevie and passed up an opportunity to see him live in Vegas. The Delfonics are a classic act. My x-BF, the one that left me heartbroken, was a big Delfonics fan.

Carey, that suprised me that you like Dolly. My dad would always yell, "Lasann, come in here Dolly and Porter are on the TV." He did that because I didn't much like country. I didn't much like Dolly then but since my CD creation I've come to appreciate her voice. I love her personality and loved 9 to 5 and all the other movies she was in.

Tomorrow will be my attempt at classic rock and my Beatles CD.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Surveysez said...

I'll do Walking after midnight and Dock of the Bay. Better schedule me to go on last though, cause I'm thinking I'll be able to clear the room.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I LOVE Dolly, Lasann. Last year, Michelle and I scored front row center to her concert and we took my Mom. Had the best time ever. We even got some of the beads from one of her outfits that had a little mishap on stage.
Dolly is one of my 5 top favorite performers of all time.

And what she did for Cole Porter? Made me love her even more.

He had to sell the rights to some of his music to pay off, I believe the IRS. Anyhow, she bought all the rights from him so that he could pay his bill. Later on, when he had made some money again, he wanted to buy back the rights from her. She did not sell them back to him. She gave them back for nothing. Now that is loyalty.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Ring of Fire and Let's Get it On!

Love them to bits!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

You're Gonna Miss Me and What's Going On.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home