My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Miscellaneous Sunday

A picture of my shoes in the closet. This isn't all of them, but 99%. I count 31 boxes/pairs that show.





I'm thinking of Tara and Steve again. I thought about them 7 or 8 times yesterday. It made me smile all day.

I went to my house that I'm trying to sell and cleaned up the back yard yesterday. I was there from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Lots of weeds, trash/leaves/branches to pick up. She had used some slate pieces to make a walkway. They had broken up into pieces. She also had a pool and left the bare soil. My yard slants down so they had leveled the ground and left a drop-off. I love being outside and I do like gardening and physical work but I'm not in shape for this long of a haul. When I got home last night I immediately showered. When I sat down every inch of my body ached - my fingers, especially my thumbs; my forarms; my shoulders; my back etc.; even my toes. I'm living on Aleve today.

I'm in panic mode because I only have two more weekends to do all the stuff I need to do before surgery. The other two will be spent in CO, AZ, NM. That's a good thing but I have way too much to do here. I figure I'll be incapable of anything other than the slightest activity for 4 weeks. The first weeks I will be on some good drugs!

Dateline is doing a segment on Tom Cruise tonight. I can't help but watch. Then I've become hooked on the West Wing because of Jimmy Smits; then Desperate Housewives, then Grey's Anatomy. This is my TV night.

While working in the yard yesterday I remembered a dream that I had about Carey a month ago. I was at my house and my neighbor was outside. This neighbor and I were fairly close for 4 years or more. Then she became quite hostile. That it itself is a long story. Anyway, she had another girl with her. This girl proceded to tell me that she was from SF. After talking for sometime I realized it was CAREY. Well the neighbor didn't like that I knew her (she never handled anyone having a friend other than her). She started yaking to Carey not to talk to me etc. I kept trying to tell Carey that my neighbor is crazy batty. But they had been friends (in my dream) since HS and Carey was like, *shrug* I can't help it right now but we'll talk in the box later. That crazy neighbor. I was pissed.

I'm going to try to work hard this week to make sure everything is ok at work before my vacation. And I need to get my personal stuff caught up and organized. I'll be hit and miss for a couple days.

Oh here comes Tom on TV. Later

13 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

I just can't bear to watch him anymore. I will not be seeing his movie.

I admire your hard work today. I'm too lazy. Good luck with the organization before the operation. Hopefully, you can be on line while recuperating.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I miss having a yard to make me sore. It's hard to get sore picking weeds on a patio. LOL

Are you sure that I was not the crzy neighbor?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Surveysez said...

LOL at talking in the box later.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Wow! Your shoes are organized. I'm so impressed.

11:34 AM  
Blogger mtw said...

Lasann,

I'm disappointed you haven't dreat about me! *pout* I'm from Sacramento, which is the state capitol and halfway between San Francisco and Tahoe. If that's not enough to go on, check out my archives for pics to give you a little visual help.

I think you should ALL be dreaming about me!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

31 pairs?!?! I have like 5. I think my child has more than I do. I know my husband does.

I am in a little bit of a panic too because I have so much to do and I don't even know where to start. Work and business.

Good Luck.

Oh, and how was the Cruise interview?

8:35 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

The Cruise interview was so-so. He denied anything about everthing. I won't be seeing his movie either unless DBF drags me to it.

MTW maybe I'll dream of you after surgery when the drugs make for good dreams.

Carey, you'd be the cool neighbor.

Puffy, SS, Sonya, Boo *smooches*

9:09 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

I love shoes!!! *grin*

11:20 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Wow! How the heck do you know what's what?

Try not to stress so much. I know it's easy for me to say. If you don't get everything done before surgery, then so be it. Life will go on right?

*HUGS*

3:11 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*does macarena through blog with sombrero on*

3:23 PM  
Blogger Monstah said...

Carey's a girl?

Lassann, sounds like you are keeping busy! Make sure you schedule in some down time too. Good for the body, mind and soul, it is.

Good luck!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Lasaan - You haven't posted lately? Where have you been hiding?

9:03 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Sonya, I just did. I so enjoy reading everyone else's posts and feel bad when I don't post.

I'll try to be a good girl and post every day this week until I fly away.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home