My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

The New Singer of the America's - Part Two

Ok, the name of my show has been changed to include the Canucks. It is now “The New Singer of the Americas". I considered North America, but didn’t want to cause a day of protest with our neighbors to the South.

And, I’ve decided to highlight the two CDs that I need help with. The first is titled – The Girls. I thought about all the female singers I like and attempted to find a good song from each. If you have any ideas on others to be included, please let me know.

Pick one to sing:

Say a Little Prayer – Dionne Warwick
Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Supremes
If I Could Turn Back Time – Cher
Do You Believe in Love – Cher
Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin
Killing Me Softly – Roberta Flack
The First Time Ever – Roberta Flack
You Belong to Me – Carly Simon
You’ve Got a Friend – Carly Simon
High and Higher – Rita Coolidge
All Is Fair in Love – Barbra Streisand
The Rose – Bette Middler
The Way He Makes Me Feel - Barbra
Midnight Train to Georgia – Gladys Knight
What’s Love Got to Do With It – Tina Turner

And I found a nice duet when doing this CD

Missing You – with Brandy, Dionne and Gladys


Next is called Duets. I do not like this CD much. I really need help here. I did find some unusual duets that I wasn’t aware were made. For instance, Frank Sinatra and Arthea singing What Now My Love and Tina Turner and David Bowie singing Tonight.

Pick one to sing and who would you like to sing it with? I’m wondering if Glowie will pick Bucky or Chris?

Gladys, Dionne and Elton John – That’s What Friends Are For
Elton & Kiki Dee – Don’t Go Breaking My Heart – not so good now
Kenny Rogers & Sheena Easton – We’ve Got Tonight
Babyface & Mirah Carey – Everytime I Close My Eyes
Bryan Adams & Barbra – I Finally Found Someone
Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers – Islands in the Stream
Faith Hill & Tim McGraw – Let’s Make Love
Sinatra & Arthea – What Now My Love
George Benson & Roberta Flack – You Are the Love of My Life
James Ingram & Dolly – The Day I Fall in Love
Linda Ronstadt & James Ingram – Somewhere Out There
Anita Baker & Ingram – When You Love Someone
Patty LaBelle & Michael McDonald – On My Own
Barry Gibb & Barbara – What Kind of Fool
Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway – Where Is the Love
Diana Ross & Lionel Ritchie – Endless Love
Tina Turner & David Bowie – Tonight
Shania Twain & Bryan Adams – From This Moment

Also, remember that I’m accepting ideas for both of these themes!

9 Comments:

Blogger Lasann said...

Me - I pick Rita Coolidge and "Higher and Higher". I love this girl's voice and I wish I could sing like her (for the record I can't sing at all).

The duet, I would like to sing with Luther Vandross. I know that's not possible but his voice! Out of these songs I'd pick "What Now My Love".

But I'd like a multi-ette of the Sistahs singing "That's What Friends are For" - one - two - three sing!

10:45 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I think From this Moment is by Shania & Bryan White (look at me, something I know about country!)

So I will sing Killing me Softly, but I'll do it ala Fugees style.

Then I will pair with Mr. JD Fortune to do From this Moment to practice for our future wedding duet.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Midnight Train to Georgia.
Let's make love and I want to sing it with Tim. *grin*

Good music by women: Also depends on what you like though.

Melissa Etheridge: Sleep while I drive or Bring me Some water.

Cher: Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves
or Dark Lady

Bonnie Raitt: Let's give them something to talk about

Toni Braxton: Unbreak my heart

Sheryl Crow: All I wanna Do

Pink: Get this Party started

Carole King: Really anything by her

Carly Simon: You're so vain

I'll have to think of more.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Great song from Jewel: "Foolish Games". Actually, anything from her first CD is awesome.

I choose to sing "Killing me Softly". Love that song.

CD #2: I'd sing "That's What Friends are for" with my sistahs. Hmmmmmmmm hard to come up with a real singer that I'd like to do a duet with. I'll go with the song "From this Moment" with Enrique Iglesias *grin*

11:51 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Oh, and where's Celine on your "girls" CD? *snicker*

11:52 AM  
Blogger Monstah said...

Good idea! I will take Endless Love as a duet with Honey Bear.

*smack*

8:03 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Does Honey Bear know the words?

10:23 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

My choices would be:
Killing Me Softly – Roberta Flack

And I would do my duet with Bucky. ummm. Or Chris.
Let’s Make Love (with Chris)
From This Moment (with Bucky)

I'm with Carey on a lot of her choices for girl songs. EXCEPT "All I Wanna Do" is the absolute worst Sheryl Crow song. Perhaps even the worst song ever. *shudder* (note to Carey: If you play that when I am there, I will leave.) I'd add ani difranco to the list but she's an acquired taste. Not everybody gets her.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

Oh! And I'd totally do a duet with Jared. Maybe Picture.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home