My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Jewelry, Life

In a previous post I mentioned that I was no longer a TV shopping virgin. I ordered some (a few isn't honest, some hopefully covers it) jewelry. The following three items have shipped (I took a picture from QVC and added the cost in case of future theft) and I'm anxiously waiting on them. I believe I will get them today. The top ring and necklace are Rose Blush Garnets, the bottom ring a black pearl.


















As I mentioned before I'm financially challenged. I have amassed a debt that is almost impossible to pay. But I'm still buying. This jewelry thing is a compulsion since the nasty step-daughter stole all my jewelry. My sister informed me that QVC will take anything back if I return it. The smart thing would be to return it. But will I? Should I?

Dbf is working 14 hours a day until Saturday. Then he will probably be here all day. We have talked very little in the past 2weeks +. I am so un-fake that I can't fake what I'm feeling, the fact that I've decided to move. It won't be pleasant. My sister is afraid for me. I don't think it will be anything other than nasty words which I've decided not to engage in. It's a fact. I don't want to say things in the heat of the moment. I will be calm.

A fellow smoker at work has been asking Dbf about me, concerned with how I'm doing. The fact that this is a man is a topic of contention with Dbf. Yesterday he gave Dbf a puzzle book for me. It's a SUKOKU book! I've not tried this new puzzle and am excited to try. I usually do Logic Problems. Anyway, Dbf is "way put out" about this. He inferred with his words that there is something going on between us. He simply doesn't understand friendship and compassion. I never talk to this man except on smoke breaks. Last year he had rotator cup surgery on his shoulder. I just think he remembers the isolation and pain and frustration of being temporarily disabled. He was being kind.

Oh, the View is on and Star is missing! Is she leaving immediately? One can hope. I like Joy's hair. It looks to hard to keep up though. I'm thinking of cutting my hair again. I don't know. My one aunt (Arizona) has a short cute cut. My other has a long pony tail. I think both look fabulous.

Oh, quiz - my son asked me if he can drive my truck to Kentucky this weekend. He is talking a friend to visit his son. He hit a deer in his car last week. This Neon looks like it can't possibly be driven. There is a missing headlight (because of the deer), a broken tail light, various dents. He is working hard (at my work place) and saving money - he has $4,500 so far. He is going to get a newer, nicer car soon. I know that he will go to Kentucky either way. I prefer him to be safe. The funny thing is that the truck isn't out of the shop yet from the accident. I expect to get it back tomorrow or Friday. What would you do? Oh I just remembered, the guy I mentioned above, when we were talking about the accident in my truck said "If your son wasn't in your truck he could have been hurt badly, or worse". He is so right since he was hit from behind and pushed into the car in front. In his little car he would probably have been injured badly.

Each day gets easier.

22 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*huge hugs*
Well, the jewelry is pretty, however, I'd return it if you are thinking about moving out & being single again. You'll need that cash!

I hope you are ok with all the stress you have going on. *hugs again*

Let your son take your truck. The chances of another accident are slim. That's why they are called accidents.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Surveysez said...

Baba Wawa announded that now they are three. Now, much as I personally dislike Star Jones, I guess when ABC says "you can tell people what you like and we will back you up" the last thing they expected was the truth and this is their way of backing someone up. Even walters said Jones knew about her contract not being renewed for months, and if that doesn't equal fired, I don't know what does. So when she says that is what happened, then they cut her loose.

Thank god there won't be one of those sappy goodby and we are going to miss you shows.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Kim you are so reasonable. It these were the only ones I ordered! We'll see.

SS - Barbara was firing her! I wish they would let us pick her replacement.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Hi Lasann.

Return the jewelery. Although very pretty, you really do need the money, especially as you say you are heavily in debt. Kim is right. If you are contemplating being single again, you definitely need all the cash you need.

True story: A coworker was a jewelery shopping addict, without her DH knowing. She racked up over $100,000 in debt. She was so familiar with the DHL delivery man that he knew not to deliver anything to her if he saw her DH's car in the driveway. Anyhoo, it all came crashing down on her when her DH lost his business. She had to fess up. Tough times for them.

It's so difficult being in debt, let alone being in debt when on your own.

Please try not to do any more online purchasing. *HUGS*

I am so sorry of what you are dealing with regarding your DB. Especially now when you really need someone to help you in so many ways. He's really being silly about your coworker sending you a puzzle book and inquiring into your health. Thank goodness someone is concerned for you.

Don't know what to say re your son taking your truck. Do you trust his driving? If so, then let him. It sounds like he's being very responsible as far as work goes and saving money. Good for him!

Re The View. Never watched it and never cared to. I pretty much dislike every person on the show, except Elizabeth. Mind you, I only know her from Survivor. I'm so glad I never got into the View because now I won't have to be sad to stop watching it due to Rosie being hired on. BLECH!!!

Good luck Lasann and I'm glad to hear that each day brings you a little less pain (at least physically).

*BIG BIG HUGS*

2:23 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

You will become addicted to Sudoku and you will not return to the ral world for a long time. *grin*
Eh, let the boy take the care, right?
And poop on dbf. There, I said it for you.
*smooch*

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are getting easier.

Return the jewelry. I know what you mean about buying things. I do the same thing. Last night I went to one of those fricking parties and bought a necklace. I don't even wear jewelry, but I wanted it and bought it. The good news is that I stopped at the one. I didn't opt to get another item at half price.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Emily RugBurn said...

Sudoku is so incredibly addicting you'll be doing it in your sleep - it'll be a great distraction for you, I'm sure.

And that's all the advice I'm qualified to give!

9:58 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

I'd return the jewelry, but then I'm the type who never would buy it in the first place. I'm way too sensible with these things.

I'm not so sure about the truck thing. You know what your instincts tell you on that one.

*smooch*

11:46 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

ditto everyone else.

10:41 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Boo, aren't the jewelry parties evil? I don't really wear jewelry, either, but a coworker sells Lia Sophia & somehow got me to buy 4 necklaces.

1:50 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Just checking in to see how you're doing!

Happy weekend! *smooch*

8:25 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Hope things go well with the BF, Lasann.

*hugs*

4:27 PM  
Blogger Silvergirl said...

The jewelry is pretty and you have good taste, but QVC is overpriced most of the time. I've gotten much better deals at Bidz.com in the past.

If you return the jewelry, you'll have to pay the return shipping, which sucks.

Glad to hear you are on the mend. I used to have a Dbf who was insecure like that. He had to go.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

Ditto. :-)

1:30 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Thanks everyone for commenting. I've been away for a couple of days. Life sure is interesting!!! I'll try to post this weekend.

Silvergirl - thanks for the bidz idea. They do have some amazing auctions.

7:49 PM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Hiya! *smooch*

3:19 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Hey, I've seen you on the Big Brother boards, but not here in blogland??!!

2:10 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Just checking in to see how you are recovering & holding up. *hugs*

3:38 PM  
Blogger cq said...

just wanted to drop by and see how you were feeling... looks like you haven't posted in a while. i hope you're resting up and getting well. as for the jewels, i love the pearl ring (not much of a fan of yellow gold, though).

12:39 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

HELLO!?!?!?

Will you stop watching BBAStards for a few minutes and update this thing already?

PLEEEEAAASE?

*waits*

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
abdominal liposuction best vitamins baccarat

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Full featured online auction. Bidz offers superior service and an outstanding opportunity for buyers, sellers and affiliates alike.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home