My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's official

The doctor's office called today. My right carotid artery is 100% blocked and the left one is 60-80% blocked. I'm waiting on a call with an appointment with a vascular surgeon.

We are leaving Columbus for Montpelier, VT on August 7th. We plan to stay there, somewhere in New Hampshire, Bar Harbor in Maine, Boston, perhaps in Connecticut, maybe Atlantic City, Dover, Delaware.

Any ideas of what we can't miss?

6 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

I'd say don't miss your doctor's appt. *grin*

6:04 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I second what Puffy says.

7:50 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Ack! Get thee to surgery asap! Then hopefully you'll be good to go on vacation!!!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Update - vascular surgeon can't see me until 8/19; cardiologist said they wouldn't let vascular surgeon operate because I need blood thinners.

12:57 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Eeek-will this all interfere with Chicago?

1:58 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

No, I don't think so. Since surgery can't be performed except under dire circumstances I should be here.

Just plugging on one day at a time like my therapist said. Tomorrow is too far way to worry about and yesterday is too far in the past.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home