My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Friday, August 22, 2008

New Hampshire - we hardly got to know you


We left Vermont with the plan to rush to Mt. Washington before the rain came in. It was a beautiful day in Vermont. The closer we got to Mt. Washington the cloudier it was. As we were driving around the road we tried to guess if Mt. Washington was in the clouds or sun. When we first entered the gate it was partly sunny - yeah. As we drove the winding, narrow road and climbed higher it became cloudy. The road was originally built in the 1800's with little changes so it was very narrow. As we neared the top it actually hailed. We reached the top in a huge downpour. After a lung transplant for me (the steps to the facilities were steep and many), I looked in the gift shops and decided to have one of their famous hotdogs. As I finished eating I noticed the sun was out. We hurried out to climb and get pictures. It's true that the weather on Mt. Washington changes in seconds. It was partly sunny, raining, clouds on the ground and back again four or five times while we were up there. It is said you can see Maine and Vermont from up there. *sigh* this is what we saw. The rainbow was a plus.











Before we left Vermont, though, we found this wonderful old mill. And there was a craft type festival. I bought some Shaker boxes and a variety bread loaf that had Banana, Pumpkin, Blueberry, Pecan, and some others.














Next Maine and some sad news due to Dbf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home