My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday quickie

This is a great day. It's a 7 out of 10. Why, you ask.

My son started work here today. That is so strange that my baby is working in the same building. It's so hard not to run around (well I did just get back from trying to find him) and protect him. Wow, 18 years old. He's hard to miss with his 6'4" ness. I have my fingers crossed that he takes the job serious and can make it here EVERY day during the probationary period.

Yesterday I spent the day doing what I like to do. Let's all say it together - painting walls. I painted the family room last year but the one wall was pretty banged up. I came up this this painting idea - all on my own. You see, you take masking tape and put it in random lines on the wall. Then you paint each section with a different contrasting, or sometimes complimentary shades of paint. I have, I think 7 more sections to paint. Then I'll post a picture before the pictures and southwest decor go up. It's such a novel idea. I think I'll publish a painting book. I bet no one here has seen such a wall - *giggle*.

I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. Leav - ing on a jet plane!

Friday I'm flying the Phoenix. Two nights with my aunt and then to Durango, Colorado to stay 7 nights. Wow!

So I'm off to tidy up my desk and sneak around the factory to make sure my boy hasn't pissed anyone off yet - kidding, I think!

13 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

Where on earth did you come up with such a creative painting idea. *giggle*

I'm wishing your son luck. I hope it does in fact work out.
*smooch*

11:34 AM  
Blogger mm said...

Genius! Good for you for thinking up such an awesome painting idea! ;-)

Congrats on the son getting the job there. Have fun in Arizona and Colorado!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Carey, I think it will look good. Copy-cat me.

MM, I would love to take the credit but Carey posted a picture of her wall with the paint idea.

I'm all nervous about him working here.

1:00 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*anticipates new paint job pictures*

Awww, that's so cute that you and DS are working together!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I think I will. *grin*

4:33 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I hope your trip goes well and that you have good weather for it. I need to re-paint; water damage from the rain. But I do like to paint. I just wish that the paint didn't always end up on my clothes.

9:27 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Lucky you! ...with the trip.

Good luck to your son.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Kim, it's so strange that my son is old enough to work. I'm walking around like a protective mother cat. I took pictures of the wall with my phone but can't upload from there. I will try to post pictures before I leave Friday.

Puffy, we'd better have good weather. I'm off to check Yahoo in a min. LOL at paint on clothes. I get it on clothes, feet (can't figure that one out this time since the room is already carpeted?), various towels and cloths.

Thanks Nutzy. I'll be gone next week so my son won't have to see me peering around corners at him. LOL

9:03 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*snort* Howcome I read peering as... PEEING? Are you peeing around corners again? *grin*

10:24 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Update, update. My son is going to be working on the dock. That's what he wanted. We were afraid that he would be working directly with Dbf. That would not work. Momma bear can go back into cave and relax!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Surveysez said...

Where's the pictures. I want to see what this wall looks like.

Phoenix looks to be hot right now. Have a good trip.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Wow! You are all working together now?

3:31 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Yay for Momma bear. *smooch*

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home