My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sob!

I don't know how to title this. I wish I had Supes writing skills to properly tell this story.

For now, a short summary. I'm too emotional to write it all down yet.

A couple of weeks ago on OT there was a discussion about suicide. I read the entire thread with my, then, views. Now it has hit close to home.

The best friend, with no warning, hung himself in our huge Maple tree early Sunday morning. I got the call around 7:15 a.m. from foster-daughter. The police and fire department woke her up banging on the door. We sped down there, I called my x who lives in the neighborhood. He went right over. We got there 25 minutes or so later. My oldest was still asleep and we didn't want to wake him yet.

The police left the boy in the tree, covered up after some time, for 3-4 hours. Investigation, but wtf? By the time we found his father they had laid him in the yard with a sheet. Then we woke up my oldest who, to understate, went biserk. We all: x, father and father's best friend, foster daughter and son, me and Dbf, youngest and oldest son and others who stopped by after hearing the news were out side until 2:00 pm.

I know there is no logical explanation. My sons and his friends know this. But I still try to solve it. They still try to solve it. We have talked about only if, only if. We all have only ifs. We know, again logically, that there is no one "only if".

This act leaves devestation everywhere. It leaves no logic. No one reason.

My x and I try to keep an eye on the boys and fD at all times. They seem to be grieving in the ways one should. But if I'm struggling this much I know they are 100xs more lost.

Just send good thoughts to his family and friends.

I'll update later after the viewing Thursday, or maybe not until next week.

Good friend who's reading this - call me when you can. I hope that all is well with your dad!

13 Comments:

Blogger yvonne said...

Oh Lasann, I am so very sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts to everyone concerned.

*hugs*

5:42 PM  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Oh dear, that is so awful. You poor, poor thing.

6:07 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

How horrible for you all. *sending good thoughts in your direction*

6:27 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I'm very sorry and distressed to read this. Thank you for sharing, since we already knew some of their story. I hope your foster daughter's son is young enough to not be aware of what is going on. My thoughts go out to you.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

So so sorry to hear that you had to go through this, Lasann. Please keep us updated. *hugs*

7:41 PM  
Blogger mm said...

{{hugs}}

Sending good thoughts...

12:30 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Oh my...I'm so sorry for the tragedy & grief you must be feeling.
*huge hugs*

10:07 AM  
Blogger Emily RugBurn said...

Oh, Lasann - I am so sorry.

I hope you will find the strength to get through the viewing today. My thoughts will be with you.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Oh Lasann, I'm so very sorry. *HUGS* What a horrible thing to happen.

11:33 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

{{{hugs}}} :(

I'm so sorry. This is a horrible thing to go through. I am sending all of you the strength, courage and best possible thoughts to get through this.

7:09 PM  
Blogger momma said...

So very sorry to hear this. *hugs* and comforting thoughts to all involved.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

How horrible! *hug*

11:25 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Oh my. *hugs*

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home