My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Urrrrgggghhhhhh!

Yesterday when I pulled into the parking lot at work I noticed my gas light. Sooo, after work I decided to go visit my son and get gas in that part of town (it's always cheaper). No, I didn't run out of gas (thank cod). Instead I made an astute observation. WHOEVER let car makers put the gas door on either side of the car needs BTHU (blown the hell up). I pulled into the gas station and saw the scrambling for gas pumps. I waited awhile for the confusion to die down, but I was 10 or so miles past the warning light and running out of time. I successfully pulled between two cars (who were at the first pump) and angled into the last pump. Another car was unsuccessful at this. As he was carefully going between the two cars and almost to the open pump someone backed into the pump he was aiming for. I heard a very loud "fuck". I'm old enough to remember when all gas tanks were filled from the driver's side. Then those damn Honda's appeared and now even American car makers put the gas lid on either side. It's a mess and I'm nominating automobile makers as the asshats of the day.

Then this morning I went to the doctor to get the results of my blood screen. Yep, my cholesterol is still out of whack but my triclycerides are way high. She's putting me on another drug, which combined with my current drug can cause some nasty things. She informed me, again, that I have bad jeans (only Jordache fit me properly) or genes. Well I know that I'm in between the 52 at which my mother died of a heart attack and 63 when my dad died of a heart attack. I have to call the cardiologist. Oh, and I'm due for a gyno exam.

But this trip this morning had a more irratating happenance. I went through McD for my breakfast (cholesterol be damned) and the drive through girl didn't give me a straw for my drink. Now I'm pretty good at eating and driving but it's impossible without a straw for my drink. Imbecile!

I forgot to talk to my grasshopper last night.

Mario Lopez's dance made me wet. He's sooooo hot!

12 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I agree...why can't all gas tanks just be on one side? At least most cars now have arrows on the fuel guage pointing to the side that has the tak.

Break the McDonald's habit & then maybe we won't have to worry about you. *worries*

11:49 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

*SNORT* You comment on Mario Lopez was so unexpected after your ranting. I do agree. He's totally hot! I think even I was a little wet after watching him dance last night. *fans self*

Drive away from the drive-thrus!

I'm very thankful that our cars have the gas tanks on the left side. I still get nervous at gas stations.

Am I the only one that stands there pumping gas and having visions of the whole place blowing up?

*waves to Lasann's grasshopper*

12:21 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

Nookie, I always pick an outside corner so I can get away fast if something stupid goes down.

*joins the Mario love*

I hate cars where you can't open the gastank lid until you pull some little lever thingie under the dash that nobody bothered to tell you about when you bought the dumb car and you wind up scratching your new car trying to pry it open with your keys before you finally give up and call your husband who just happens to know where the lever must be because of those secret knowledge classes that men have about automotive stuff. I hate that.

12:53 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Better yet, swami, are those cars where there's a lever/button to push in before your keys will releave from the ignition. File that one also under "secret man knowledge."

1:38 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

LOL Swami. I always use the pumps in the front. I never park behind anyone.

*SNORT* at the secret man knowledge. Yep. Nobody ever told me there was a secret lever to push to get the front hood open.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Surveysez said...

Sorry to ruin your memories about your younger years, but the gas tanks weren;t all on one side long ago. Long ago when I was a school kid, pumping gas at my brother's gas station weekends, gas cap were even harder to locate. So many of them were under the rear license plate (which meant it didn't matter which side they pulled up to) but the really deceptive ones were totally hidden behind a swing out portion of the tail light. Not that was one you had to ask the owner to locate.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

I'd forgotten about the flip-up license plates! They were cool. Probably very unsafe in crashes, but very cool.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Mario Lopez even makes me a little wet. I think it's the dimples.

9:34 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

A long, long time ago... they put the gas caps in the back of the car under the license plate! ...but I guess that made way too much sense and they had to change it. *grin*

7:53 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh... doh!!! Sez already said this. ;-)

...but it wasn't THAT long ago! I pumped gas as my first job. In the mid 80's and they had them then!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

The Secret Men's Handbook also tells them where the gizmo is that turns off the car alarm that won't stop squealing.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Well now that you'all mention it, I do remember the back - license plate entry. But people still only parked on the left side of gas machines. It was orderly!


<- - - - - - - - Cars
& & & Gas tanks
- - - - - - - -> Cars!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home