My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

And suddenly it's fall

Yesterday, the day after Labor Day I wore WHITE shoes and shorts. The fashion police can KMA. While I'm loving the cool evenings I'm beginning to dread the next 6 months. It snows in Ohio folks and I have little patience with snow these days.

What else is happening?

My foster daughter and her 2 yr old spent the weekend at my house. Two year olds can be quite irritating. He's into the whine for what I want. And mom gives in to him and wonders why he whines. We did get him to ask for what he wanted at times but mostly he let out a blood curling screech. And she lets him walk around with food and drink constantly. My coffee table was smeared with food stuff. My cats hid under the bed all weekend.

I bought my Dbf a digital camera as a very, very late father's day present (I was in the hospital on father's day). The camera is much better than mine in that it has a higher resolution, is smaller, and is easier to use. I like that it is small and can be carried around easily. We'll probably use it on vacations.

My laptop is so messed up. The screen stopped working a month ago and we have to hook it up to a monitor. My CD/DVD burner doesn't work either. So we bought an external 60Gig drive to put all my pictures and music on. And suddenly I only have 3% available memory. We are going to reformat the original hard drive. We are hoping that the CD/DVD will work. The monitor probably won't. An estimate on fixing the monitor is in the 300.00 range. Yikes. And it could take up to 3 weeks.

My children continue to stress and frustrate me.

My two bestest friends (one in Florida and one in Virginia) are so depressed. I hate talking to them some days because they bring me down. And I'm not the most giggle-ish person either. Both want to die, both hate their lives, both are homeless to an extent and without money. *sigh* I can offer bedrooms in both of my houses but I'm financially unable to help. Neither want to relocate to my house(s). Oh well, you do what you can.

At breakfast Monday I asked Dbf when does he wants to go to the Caribbean. I get points from my time share in January. Then I don't get any more until 2009. I hope to dump it by then. Anyway, we are talking about March/April. When is spring break next year? I want to avoid spring break! Also, I'm hoping that we can do a California/Oregon coast vacation. If we can, I'll get to meet some awesome peeps!!!

That's about all I have today. Oh yes, do you West coast peeps have any of the new quarters. We aren't getting the 2006 ones here. I'm collecting the Denver mint and so far have 0. If you can help, let me know!

10 Comments:

Blogger Schnookie said...

I never did pay any attention to the fashion rule of wearing whites. Mind you, I don't often wear white. I'm guaranteed to get a stain in the first few minutes of wearing it.

It's your house. I'd have set some rules down. There's no way I'd let any child to just walk around my house with food and drinks.

Sorry about your friends. It can be so hard when everyone around you is in a bad way. It can definitely wear you down.

Ooooooooooooh a vacation in the Caribean. How lucky!!!

*HUGS*

1:06 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I never wear white because I feel like it makes me look huge. I have one white outfit (linen capris with black stitching on the hem area & a matching white linen sleeveless vneck with the black stiching around the neckline). I feel like a tank in it. And it's linen, so it looks wrinkly & sloppy within hours. Bad purchasing decision.

I hope you feel a little less chatoic soon. Smart idea not to call those friends as often if they bring you down. Maybe write them cards instead so it's not like you feel you are forgetting about them (of course if they are semi-homeless, their addresses probably change a lot).

*smooch*

11:11 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I have to skip the fashion talk. I'm color blind anyhow so colors mean nothing to me.

I have to get my monitor repaired too and haven't done so because I can not fathom having my baby out of my sight for 3 weeks.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Lasann, great idea to exchange quarters. Let me know what you need and I'll see if I have them or will look for them. I'm going to see what I need...brb..

OK, I'm back. I need:
2001 Rhode Island P,Kentucky P
2002 Ohio P, Indiana P
2003 Maine P, Missouri P, Maine D
2004 Fla P, Tx P, Wisc P, Tx D
2005 Ca P, Mn P Ore P, Kan P, WV P
2006 The only one I have is Nevada D.
I get lots more D's than P's, so let me know what you need!

1:57 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Puffy, check your mail for 10 quarters. I have your address from the Bare Minerals.

Peeps, I need D mint - MI, TX, IL, CO, NE, SD, ND.

Check those quarters!!

8:23 AM  
Blogger mm said...

*checks pockets* I got nothing. *sigh*

I agree with Kim about sending cards. Great idea. I also agree with her about wearing white. I avoid white, though I do think people look really fresh and clean, in it.

2:31 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh! I am doing the quarters too! I have lost track terribly, but would also be willing to do trades. I usually only get P ones, so would need D ones. I'll have to take some time to make a list.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Thanks, Lasann. I made a note of what you need and will look for them. Nutz, post your list because I get mostly D ones.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Thank you so much for the quarters! I sent you a PM about the quarters that I have for you. I'm looking for more before I send them, ok? *smoochie thanks*

11:10 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

I collect $20 bills, in case anyone wants to send them to me.

:-)

Hi Lasann!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home