My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Lottery

The mega millions is at 350 million and some. Do you ever fantasize about winning? What would you do with that amount of money? Who would you share it with?

First to me is my family. Some people have feuds with their family. Perhaps some family member deserve being ignored. I don't know! My family consists of fairly normal people trying to survive. None of us are evil, nasty people.

I have a road trip planned if I ever win that kind of money. First I drive to my home town and find out what I can do to help my ex-brother-in-law and my niece. Then to West Virginia to my brother's. Next to North Carolina to my sister's. Then I'd come home and talk to my other sister.

I have: 1 brother, 2 sisters, 6 nieces, 1 nephew, 2 great-nieces and one great-nephew. I'd leave the nieces and nephews a trust to pay for their college. Two nieces graduate from High School this year. Both are beautiful young women - both I'd love to see have a career.

Then are my closest friends - Darcy, Candi, Barb, Keith, and I'll add Dbf here.

Then my foster-daughter.

Then my ex.

I fantasize about buying 10-20 acres of land with a pond and stream. Then I want to build three houses on the land: one for me, one for each son. The family farm!

I think I would buy a Thunderbird convertible.

I know I would buy a mobile home. Then the road trip that Nutz wrote about would come true. The wienermobile could be towed or just follow behind. I'd head to the great white north to visit Survey and then take bids. This trip would take 6 months or so. The building of my house would be left to my bestest!

What do you want with my millions. I'm guessing that all of you want your mortgage paid off. Or maybe just a week at the best resort in the Caribbean.

*hits head to return to reality*

I've come up with a solution to my money problems. My solution with buy me 2 years or so. One day at a time.

I'm so needing spring. I need to be in the garden working my flowers.

I might be moving back to my house. When a relationship starts to be so painful without any joy, well it's time to regroup.

I had to have my "Itty Bitty Kitty" put to sleep Sunday. Itty Bitty wasn't a cat that hung around people much. Plus I've been distracted. Sunday morning when I was putting food out she tried to walk. She couldn't. I went to her and gently stroked her. I wondered if she had been hit by a car. But she didn't mind when I picked her up and put her in the laundry room on the rug. She just laid there. I called an emergency vet service and took her in. Of course they wanted me to sign that I would cover any cost associated with her care (stated beginning price - $400.) I declined. Then I was asked if they could take a blood test. "Yes". The conclusion was that she was very, very sick. Her temperature was in the high 80's, she was severely dehydrated and anemic. Further tests could pinpoint the cause which might include Feline Aids, Feline Hepatitis, Liver/Kidney failure. Sadly I don't have the money to spend and the Vet said that after spending lots of money her problem could still be fatal. So I had her put to sleep. **sob** She was only 4 years old.

I don't have a picture here on my work 'puter. I took one of her lying on the carpet in the laundry room. Bye sweet kitty.

That's part of what is in my mind today! A small part!

12 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Awwww, poor kitty! And *hugs* to you.

For the lottery, here's what I'd do:
Give ~20K each to my dad, each sister, my FIL, my MIL, and my BIL.

I would take my close friends and their spouses/dates on a cruise.

I would buy all my blogfriends, that wanted to come, a plane ticket to Madison and have a giant peep meet. I'd pay for a hotel near my house, since I don't have that many beds for peeps.

I'd buy DH a light sport aircraft and pay for his pilot's license.

I'd take myself and my sisters to a spa in Arizona or somewhere similar for a week.

I would go buy all new clothes from places that sell nicely tailored clothes.

I would get facials and pedicures every month.

I'd take culinary classes (although not a full program) and help someone open a bakery or restaurant in my town.

Those would be my big priorities.

11:55 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

BTW, I just wrote down your number and stuck it in my purse. Tonight do you have time to chat?

12:06 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Co-inky dink about our blogging about the same topic! I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. You were realistic about it; you did the smart thing.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Kim,

I'm going to my house after work. But I plan to be at home in time for American Idol, around 8 EST.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Ahhh, to dream. I'd definitely buy lots of land and build the cutest little english cottage for my mom to live in. I'd then open up a bed and breakfast. So many things to dream about.

*BIG HUGS* So sorry about Itty Bitty Kitty. *sniffle* I hope you get a chance to post a picture of her.

6:38 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Did Nookie & Nutz win? I hear there were two winners, one from GA & one from NJ.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Poor kitty. That sucks, but vets are so darned expensive!

"Our" lottery is only at 120 million, so I have to scale back my big plans, I guess.

First off, DH and I would split the money and get the amount in 2 checks. That way he can do whatever he wants for his dumb relatives and I can do whatever I want for my dumb relatives.

We would pick the state that seemed to have the best resources for adults with autism and relocate there. Mid-sized (but very well-appointed) house on at least 25 acres of land.

DH would buy too-expensive cars & tech toys. I would buy all the ethnic art I wanted.

For my blogs friends, air tickets to Hawaii for a weekend surf n sushi peep meet.

I would also do something more socially conscious, lol, but when I typed it in it looked too smarty-pants so I deleted it.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*smooches kitty*
When we hit the lottery:
First, we make sure that our parents and siblings are taken care of. I have one brother and Michelle has four siblings. Then I will take care of my sistahs very well and then I will help out a few close friends.
After that, we are buying an RV and driving through every state and visiting every single capital city. Then we are buying a cruise ship and treating everybody we know to a trip around the world. You're all invited. *grin*

9:47 AM  
Blogger mtw said...

Yay! I like Bravie's idea of the world cruise. If I win, I'll do that too, except that I'll also give everyone some cash so they can afford to miss work long enough to really enjoy the cruise. If you have to quit your job to go on ym cruise, I'll offer you a new job in my company (I will have one, just don't know what we'll do - candy WILL be involved).

I love to dream about winning the lottery. To me, buying a lottery ticket is just "renting the dream" and worth the price of a ticket. I always try to buy my ticket early in the week if I buy one so the dream lasts longer.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

I used to buy early MTW, until I figured out that most winners buy their ticket the same day, often just hours before the sales close. Now we always buy the day of. I don't know how those random number generators work but they do seem to be a bit quirky.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Nutzy? Nookie? Have you claimed your winnings yet? MTW will be the new Willy Wonka. *packs for cruise*

9:12 PM  
Blogger Silvergirl said...

I'm sorry about Itty bitty kitty. It's always hard to make that final decision, but vets are sooo expensive.

LOL, at Swami and her DH's dumb relatives.

I can't say I'd ever win the lottery, because I don't ever play it. I just keep entering free contests, hoping I will win one of those someday. If I had money, I'd definitely take myself and some friends and relatives to a day spa, maybe even a weekend retreat. I also love to eat at nice restaurants and travel.

If I were a millionaire, I would help my family and give to charities, especially ones that are involved in research on diseases like cancer and diabetes.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home