My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Maine is beautiful (and so is Tenorsaxy)

We arrived in Maine in time to sleep. The next day we headed out for Bar Harbor. We got onto the Acadia National Park drive and, quite honestly we were so tired of trees, we got back off. We drove in and out the jagged coast line which took much longer than I thought it would. We had lunch in Bass Harbor at the cutest restored building. There was also a hotel and we hoped to get a room at the Inn but it was sold out. I had to get in the water in Maine. It was overcast that day and the water was approximately 58 degrees.











We made our way back up the peninsula to the next location on my list. I wasn't feeling all that well this day. I had plans to meet Tenorsaxy for dinner later. I was glad I honored that commitment because we had a great dinner in a great restaurant in Camden. Dbf took our picture with his camera. Somehow he lost all his pictures from that day. Lesson learned - use my camera for important pictures.

Tensorsaxy is so cute! And quite adventurous to move to such a "wild" state. And she gave me a scrumptious jar of Wild Blueberry Jam. Such a thoughtful gesture.

We found a delightfully perfect room in Lincolnville, ME. It's called the Black Horse Inn. I highly recommend it to anyone who is traveling the ME coast. It was so homey. We stayed there two nights which removed the possibility of staying in southern coastal Maine or coastal New Hampshire (which was my first thought).

The second day in Maine we chased lighthouses until dark. We visited the Rockland, Owls Head, Pemaquid Point, Marshall Point Lighthouses. Driving down to these points also took more time than I imagined. We made quite a hike over rocks, etc. to get good pictures.















Another thing about coastal Maine. Since we arrived in Vermont we were out of civilization, as we know it. Arriving in Rockland, Maine we had a McDonalds, WallMart, a Timmies, and my Dbf's favorite TJMaxx. I bought an outfit at TJ's which I wore in the pictures with Weltek.
Off to Boston to meet Weltek and Ayak.







3 Comments:

Blogger Tenorsaxy said...

*blushes*

I'm glad you managed to find so many lighthouses - some are waaaay down the peninsulas. Sorry about Dbf's technical difficulties. Good thing you both brought cameras, so you two have some pictures from the day.

And thank you so much for dinner! It was great to meet you.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Awww, I wanted to see a Tenorsaxy picture. However, the rest of your pictures here are beautiful!

6:22 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Maine is gorgeous, isn't it? I spent a lovely weekend there last October (with Nookie, Monsty, and Coco -- how lucky can a girl get?). We were in Boothbay Harbor and we all loved it!

Glad your trip was so fun.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home