My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

I'm a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend to some, an acquantance to many. I'm easy but not stupid. I wish life was a year long trip!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Private thoughts

My little book of wisdom gave me this today:

"Keep your private thoughts private".

Too late for that!

Yesterday when I went out for lunch I saw this elderly lady in her wheelchair. She was in the road, in a lane, and when the light changed she crossed the busy street. Now that's desperate to "get out of the house".

It reminded me of an incident last week. I pulled into McD's. This McD's is at the busy intersection of a street that leads to an assisted living place. There was a lady in a wheel chair in the McD's parking lot, under a tree, sitting there looking at the sky. I so wanted to walk up to her and cheer her on (I assumed she had escaped for awhile).

I may sleep all weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I have a new soft spot for old people ever since I started working my current job. I still never want to get old, though. When I do, I think I'll start drinking heaviliy, smoking and eating lard filled fats on a constant basis. I figure after 65, I'm on bonus time.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

That made me laugh!

2:54 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

How funny that you keep coming across old ladies in wheelchairs. Maybe life is trying to tell you something. ;-)

3:02 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Oh nutz, I hope not. At least I hope that a permanent wheelchair isn't in my future. I have this perfectly good metal leg now!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

You should have talked to her, Lasann!

I wonder if she was thinking of trying for the drive through lane? The McDs around here all have handicap accessible entrances but getting your own drinks & condiments could be very hard unless your arms are 4 ft long.

There's a couple of old guys in wheelchairs in a Stillwater assisted living place that go for a "walk" everyday - about a half mile down a bicycle path and back. One has a powered chair and one a manual chair. They both get fresh air, exercise (especially the manual chair one) and a change of scenery.

I don't EVER want to be stuck in a chair!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I was at Target yesterday and there was a couple there pushing a woman in a whellchair. They were standing at the top of the escalator and looked sort of puzzled. Our Target has a separate escalator for shopping carts so I looked at them and said "go ahead, put her on the cart escalator, I bet she makes it"
They gave me a dirty look and Michelle giggled. We went about our business.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home